No COVID-19 deaths reported in China for the first time since January

BEIJING: China on Tuesday (Apr 7) reported no COVID-19 deaths for the first time since it started publishing daily figures in January, the National Health Commission said.

Mainland China also reported 32 new confirmed cases of the coronavirus, down from 39 cases a day earlier. 

All of the new confirmed cases reported on Monday involved travellers arriving from overseas, bringing the overall number of imported infections so far to 983, the health authority said in its statement.

Cases in mainland China have been dwindling since March, but the country faces a second wave of infections brought in from overseas.

The total number of confirmed cases in mainland China stood at 81,740 as of Monday, according to the authority.

BOOKMARK THIS: Our comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus outbreak and its developments

Download our app or subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on the coronavirus outbreak: https://cna.asia/telegram


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *